We welcome you to join us for orthodontic care with our Dr. Boryana Dimitrova…
At each dental check up (every 6 months), Dr. Mattia and her team will evaluate your child’s growth and development. If any potential orthodontic issues are observed, a recommendation will be made to see our in- housed orthodontist for a complimentary orthodontic evaluation, based on the orthodontist findings your child may be recommended to begin orthodontic treatment or be reevaluated at their next dental check up to monitor their continued growth. During the consult, an iTero scan (3D imaging of a patient’s teeth) may be taken to accurately treatment plan the mouth and any future orthodontic goals. Our team will assist you in explaining comprehensive orthodontic care and show you photos of other completed orthodontic cases.
What happens at the initial appointment?
- Introductions: Getting braces for the first time can be daunting, so it’s important that proper introductions are made to help ease anxiety. You will meet with your orthodontic team; they will do everything they can to make sure you’re comfortable.
- Paperwork and health history: A team member will ask you to fill out paperwork regarding your relevant health history. It also informs your orthodontic team if you’ve had X-rays in the past or any previous oral issues you may have experienced.
- Exam and X-rays: During a thorough examination of your teeth, an orthodontic team member will use advanced 3D scanning, X-rays, and visual inspection. This helps them understand the unique needs of your teeth to build an effective treatment plan.
- Treatment plan: Generally, there may be a few orthodontic treatment options available to you. Together with your team, you will decide which plan works best for you. This can even be based on budget, predicted results, and treatment length.
- Patient questions: Once a treatment plan has been chosen, you will be given the floor to ask any and all questions. Your orthodontic team wants to make sure you have a solid understanding of what to expect in the next coming months, so questions are highly encouraged in order to address concerns and alleviate anxiety.
- Finances: A team member will review your insurance and discuss the payment options for your treatment. Some orthodontic offices offer flexible financing options or payment plans to help make costs more manageable.
- Your next appointment: Once your first appointment is completed, a team member will schedule your following appointment to put your treatment plan into action.